Any family law case can cause a great amount of stress in your life. Hiring a family law attorney can help ease these problems. At some firms, your case may be assigned to a junior associate if your case is not considered to be worth the time of the more experienced family law lawyers. This does not happen with my office. If you hire me, you get me and my experience.
In general, family law cases consist of uncontested divorce, contested divorce, paternity, child support, and adoption cases. The divorce cases involve the following issues:
- Property division
- Debt division, and
- Alimony (amount and duration, if any)
A paternity case and a divorce with children also involved the following issues:
- Child support,
- Time sharing (a/k/a visitation)
- Relocation, and
- Parental responsibility
If you would like more information about the specific issues raised in your case, click on the links above or click on the Practice Areas drop down list.
Without doubt, any family law dispute can introduce a lot of stress into your life. Frequently. These disputes cause a complete change to your lifestyle. As a result of exclusively practicing family law for over 17 years, I am aware that any family law case can take a tremendous toll on clients and their children. It is always my goal to assist each client in making as smooth a transition as possible to the next stage of their life.
In a high number of cases, a great amount of stress comes simply from the length of your family law case. Where possible, it is my goal to look for ways to settle your case sooner rather than later. Time consuming – and costly – litigation should always be the last resort. In my experience, cases with faster settlements result in higher client satisfaction.
Education & Experience
In 1990, I graduated from the University of Florida with a Bachelor of Science degree. I continued my studies at the University of Central Florida. Later, I graduated from the Cumberland School of Law at Samford University. After graduating from law school in 1996, I began practicing law. I started my own law practice in 2000 and have been practicing only family law since then. In 2005, I completed my training as a Florida Supreme Court Certified Family Court Mediator.
- Member of the Florida Bar
- Member of the Family Law Section of the Florida Bar
- Member of the Technology Committee of the Family Law Section from 2016 to 2018
- Member of the Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee of the Family Law Section from 2017 to 2018.
- Admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court (Middle District of Florida)
- Admitted to practice before the U.S.
- 11th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Member of the Georgia Bar
- Member of the Family Law Section of the Georgia Bar
- Admitted to practice before the Court of Appeals of Georgia
- Admitted to practice before the Georgia Supreme Court