Usually once each month, I get a call from a potential client who basically asks me if they should get divorced. My general rule is that I will not encourage people to get divorced. If you want to get divorced, I’m here to help. But I don’t want to be the reason that couples divorce.
The exception to that rule is when a couple has clearly moved on and are already living separate lives. In that situation, waiting to divorce very often complicates the inevitable divorce.
I recently came across an article that listed 9 signs that your marriage is worth saving. Many of these signs are fairly obvious, but they are still quite valid. Read through all of them by following the link below, but the major ones (in my opinion) are:
- You still feel you are respected in the marriage
- Both spouses are willing to put in the work to save the marriage,
- You can’t imagine your life without your spouse
- The spark is gone, but you think you can get it back
- You still enjoy spending time together
In order to get divorced in Florida, you must tell the judge that your marriage is irretrievably broken – broken and can’t be fixed. If you think your marriage fits some of the situations above, your marriage not be broken beyond repair.